In this era of performance content marketing, executives demand that programs generate a return on investment (ROI) that impacts the bottom line. For content marketers, there are two main ways to increase the ROI of their programs: grow the amount of revenue their exceptional content influences and save money producing it.
To drive growth, marketers will address questions like: Am I capturing new customers? Are we getting better at generating leads? Have we boosted e-commerce sales?
When it comes to measuring efficiency gains and cost savings, you’ll need to answer questions like: Are we more productive? Do we complete more work at a faster rate? And more cheaply? Is the quality better?
Operational efficiency gains and cost savings are compelling because they are more controllable in nature. They don’t rely on third parties (i.e. prospects and customers) deciding to buy your product or services.
Instead, your organization is the driving force. Factors like easing the burden of information sharing, streamlining operations, maintaining full visibility across work streams, and reducing the time and effort needed to produce results play a role in increasing operational efficiency. But while identifying those factors is easy, influencing that performance is hard.
According to the Content Marketing Institute, 85 percent of B2B marketers attribute their increased success to higher quality, more efficient content creation. However, 52 percent of those marketers also mentioned that not having enough time devoted to content marketing decreased their organizations’ content marketing success.
Creating high-quality content that performs takes significant time, money, and resources. Implementing systems, processes, and services that increase productivity and allow your team to focus on content creation will pay dividends.
Here are a few tips to help you build a content marketing machine:
- Use a technology solution that provides visibility into your team’s activity so you can spot inefficiencies and course correct.
- Supplement your team’s efforts with high-quality licensed content that gives them more bandwidth to create exceptional original content.
- Establish predictable workflows for all content types, so everyone knows what to do and when to do it.
- Maintain clear and simple ways of communicating and collaborating on in-flight content.
- Measure your team’s performance in terms of efficiency (i.e. number of stories published, time to task completion) to get a baseline of performance, then optimize.
Through our work with the world’s best brands, NewsCred has created a holistic content marketing solution that increases organizations’ operational effectiveness. Our content marketing platform, services, and content offerings dissolve typical roadblocks and streamline content creation. To put a number on our value, we commissioned independent consulting firm Forrester to conduct a Total Economic Impact (TEI) study examining the ROI that NewsCred customers can achieve by implementing our solution. Learn more in the infographic below and read the full study here.